Terms & Conditions
- We operate within the Code of Practice for Approved Driving Instructors.
- We will always attempt to provide the best possible tuition.
- We will always try to provide maximum driving time during each lesson.
- All pupils must hold a driving licence to drive a car within the United Kingdom and must be able to comply with the rule that you can read a standard number plate from a distance of 20.5 metres.
- All pupils must disclose any information that is relevant or could or may affect their legal right to drive a vehicle in the United Kingdom.
- All pupils must avoid excessive use of alcohol on the day before a lesson, if a pupil is suspected of being under the influence of drink or drugs the lesson will be terminated immediately.
- We reserve the right to refuse to allow the use of the school car or to continue tuition if the instructor feels it is illegal or unsafe to do so.
- We will avoid any form of physical contact except in an emergency or in the form of normal greeting.
- Your instructor will not make inappropriate remarks or comments, nor will he discuss your progress or any information disclosed by you to any other person without your permission.
- We will treat you with consideration and respect at all times and always behave in a professional way towards you.
- We reserve the right to refuse the use of the school car for the driving test if we feel you are not going to be successful when taking the Practical Driving Test.
- We will always consult you if it becomes necessary for us to cancel or change your test appointment.
- We will always consult you if it becomes necessary to change or cancel you lesson appointment.
- We will try to avoid any change to lesson appointments, but we will give preference to those who are approaching their test date, this might result in some regular lesson times being altered.
- We will try to be punctual for every appointment, unforeseeable circumstances may sometimes delay us, but we will attempt to contact you if this happens.
In return we ask:
- That you are at your designated pick up point on time.
- That you are appropriately dressed, please no dirty, muddy or oily clothes. Wear the correct sort of shoes and be sure that the clothes you wear do not restrict your use of the controls of the car.
- You do not smoke in the school car, you can take a smoke break outside the car, but remember that you are paying for the time it takes.
- You must not have taken any drink, medicine or drugs (legal or illegal) that could or may affect your driving.
- You give 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend a lesson. We reserve the right to charge a full lesson fee if correct notice is not given.
- We will book theory and practical tests for you if required, but the full fee must be paid prior to the booking being made.
- Please remember that on most days your instructor is fully booked, he plans lessons a week in advance, so changes at short notice are not always possible.
- All lessons must have been paid for prior to the commencement of that lesson.
Changes in our Terms
Street Wise Training reserves the right to change or update these terms at any time without prior notice.
Recent changes are detailed below (if any).
COVID 19 Disclaimer
- Client – means the person who is doing the driving lessons
- We – means Street Wise Training
- ADI – means approved driving instructors
We will resume the driving lessons from 6th July 2020 unless any changes are made by the Government. We request all clients read this disclaimer before starting or restarting their driving lessons from 6th July 2020.
Risks and Responsibility
Everyone is responsible for risks and responsibility of safeguarding against the Covid19 virus and help to stop the spread. The Street Wise driving Instructors will take necessary measures to safeguard all the clients from coming in contact with Covid19 by keeping their personal and vehicle hygiene to highest level as possible, we request that all clients also help us to reduce the risks of spreading the Covid19 virus.
- We request that all clients Wash/Clean their hands before commencing a driving lesson.
- We request that anyone with Covid19 symptoms or those who have been in contact with anyone showing signs of Covid19 do not begin their driver training and self-isolate as per the government guidelines.
- ADI to sanitise the vehicle before & after on all contact points using on the market products that remove Viruses and Bacteria.
- Ventilation in vehicle – ie Windows Open. More time spent outside the vehicle if possible.
- Limit contact between instructor and student. This may for example require more frequent use of the dual controls where touching the steering wheel may have been a better option.
- ADI or client to make hand sanitiser available in the tuition vehicle
- ADI should communicate with students before and after lessons to ensure they are in good health.
Wearing of Masks or Coverings
Wearing of face mask or other covering by the client and the driving instructor is discretion of the driving instructor. Any covering or face masks needs to be secure and not interfere with the controls or your ability to drive safely. This advice may change.
Risks and Liability
Whilst we endeavour to stop the risks of spreading Covid19 virus we cannot totally guarantee you will not come in contact with the virus during your driving lessons with Street Wise. Therefore you are continuing with your driving lessons at your own risk. Street Wise or our driving Instructors cannot be held responsible.